Jessica Williams: The Limited Editions
Below, photos of my studio, where most of my new music for the Limited Edition Collection© is made.
All of my major releases on Red and Blue Recordings are printed by a major and well-respected CD duplication service. On the other hand, the Limited Edition Collection, which features some of my most significant, original, and personal music, is all manufactured "in-house".
Fri, 6 July 2010: "Hey Jessica! The Limited Editions are great! They are beautiful to listen to and to look at! Your Photoshop skill is pretty impressive, and it really makes these editions extra special. The sound is incredible. Who needs a label stamp and shrink wrap when it's better to have your signature? Thank you for 'personalizing' them too. It's a special and beautiful package!" - M___, Australia
|Click here for a close-up of the Greneral Releases||Click here for a close-up of the Limited Editions|
My process for making a Limited Edition: these albums are not made on a computer. These are burned on professional cd stack duplication hardware, in-house.
- I record my Music direct to hard disk in my own professionally equipped studio on my own 7' 6" foot Conservatory Concert Grand Piano
- I mix the masters in ANALOG format using a Mackie 16-track professional mixer
- I design the covers in Photoshop and write the liner notes myself... unless someone of greater ability volunteers
- I cut and fold the covers and tray cards, and assemble the cases
- I duplicate the CDs on industry-standard, stand-alone duplication hardware
- I hand-assemble the finished product, which I then sign, number, and personalize just for YOU should you request it
- Sound quality is equal or superior to mass-produced CDs.
- I use Taiyo Yuden Media, the lowest error rate available. I literally make and check every CD and sign them.
- These Limited Editions are only available HERE
Below, the CD stand-alone stack duplicator.
I can only make a certain number at a time, so large orders (10 cds or more) may take me up to 10 or 14 days to fill. I am so happy to be able to put this Music out there, without all the strings and limitations of a major label and all the heartache that goes with it.
NOTE: we do NOT use shrink-wrap - it violates our environmental policy, and I'd have to remove it to sign the CDs anyway. I also won't ever release ANYTHING that I don't absolutely love, and all releases are aurally equal or superior to mass-produced CDs.
I decided that even my own company needed to provide a special outlet for the most important works that are best appreciated by art-literate individuals who possess an intense love of inspired, creative, original Music and an equally intense disdain for ecologically evil shrink-wrap, over-produced soulless displays of ego-driven 'me me me music, transparent media hype, lame liner notes, and digipaks.
This is the Music that I treasure, much of it considered too "experimental", "controversial", or "inaccessible" for general release by the corporate music industry. It's a great joy to make Music and not have to listen to "play faster - play this - play that" from a CEO who knows more about investment banking than he does about music. All of the Music you'll find here is without hooks, agendas, and hype.
Below: what your CDs look like before I cut the covers and assemble them. These are the general releases. You'll find these and the Limited Editions HERE
This site is dedicated to John Coltrane, Glenn Gould, Elvin Jones, Mary Lou Williams, Dexter Gordon, Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Philly Joe Jones, Tony Williams, and all who have devoted their lives and their souls to Music. "I want to be a force for good. I know there are bad forces here that bring suffering to others and misery to the world, but I want to be the force which is truly good." - John Coltrane