Every time I start to write about the things that really annoy me I get a headache. Or a backache. Or I get negative. Or I can't sleep afterwards. It's not that I don't want to tackle the important issues... it's just that I don't want them to tackle me!
So here's my latest reward. It's a 2004 reward, but I just found out about it, and even last year's good news is still good news...
1. Land of the Sun (Verve) by Charlie Haden
2. American Song (Savoy) by Andy Bey
3. The Real Deal (Hep Jazz) by Jessica Williams
4. Small World (Resonant) by Terje Gewalt
5. Rhythms and Rhymes (Jazz 'n Pulz) by Fay Claassen
6. Jazz Airs (Sonet) by Jorgen Svare, Bjorn Thoroddsen
7. The Great Divide (Premonition) by Von Freeman
8. Buzz (Palmetto) by Ben Allison
9. Eternal (Marsalis) by Branford Marsalis
10. Cookin' the Books (Arbors Jazz) by Buddy DeFranco
Mark Shapiro's Top Ten CDs of 2004 in JazzTimes
1. Scantet #1 (Stunt) by Scantet
2. Live at Yoshi's Volume One (MaxJazz) by Jessica Williams
3. With All My Heart (Bluebird) by Harvey Mason
4. The Out of Towners (ECM) by Keith Jarret
5. Dream Dancing (Arbors Jazz) by Warren Vache
6. Heavy Juice (Concord) by Scott Hamilton, Harry Allen
7. Common Man (Tippin) by Pete Zimmer Quintet
8. One Night in Vermont (Planet Arts) by Ted Rosenthal, Bob Brookmeyer
9. 52nd and Broadway: Songs of the Bebop Era (Mack Avenue) by Terry Gibbs
10. Such Sweet Thunder (Sanctuary) by Lorraine Feather
No one gets any money, but no one gets ripped off, and no one gets depressed or paranoid either. So no blogs for awhile. Just more rewards. Keep those rewards coming...