Jessica J Williams, pianist & composer
Jessica Jennifer Williams, pianist and composer, is a three-time Grammy Nominee who started playing at the age of four and is a graduate of the Peabody Conservatory. She worked in the bands of Philly Joe Jones, Tony Williams, Stan Getz, Big Nick Nicholaus, Eddie Harris, Airto and Flora Purim, Charlie Rouse, John Abercrombie, Leroy Vinnegar, Charlie Haden, Red Mitchell, Bobby Hutcherson, and opened for Dexter Gordon, Art Blakey, Bill Evans, and many others. She has released over 70 albums and over 350 compositions. She holds a Guggenheim Foundation Fellowship. Dave Brubeck called her "one of the greatest jazz pianists I have ever heard" . . . more here
Jessica has had a three-segment lumbar spinal fusion surgery with bone grafts and internal metal instrumentation to treat a serious back deformity. She will release a new CD soon, though, and try to resume performances in mid-2014. She still needs your assistance . . .
Buy here and you get her music, her signature, and she gets paid for her work. New CDs available and a FREE CD with any first order
- "One of the greatest jazz pianists I have ever heard." - Dave Brubeck . . . more here
- "Jessica is a beautiful player." -McCoy Tyner . . . more here
- "The most important pianist to arrive since Bill Evans." - Alun Morgan, Gramophone . . . more here
- "A vibrant force on the contemporary music scene." - Rolling Stone . . .
- "She is one of the top jazz pianists of today, a powerful virtuoso, a brilliant solo player. She is a giant, consistently brilliant." - Scott Yanow, The All Music Guide . . .
- "In a word, she's a monster. Her technical mastery is equaled by her swing; her power matched by her dexterity." - Geraldine Wyckoff, Downbeat . . .
- "Williams' style and technique embrace a very original combination of wit, grace, introspection and white heat." - Harvey Siders, JazzTimes
- "She is simply a pianistic force of nature that will not be denied." - C. Michael Bailey, All About Jazz . . .
- "She has established herself as the top solo pianist working today." - Dan McClenaghan, All ABout Jazz
- "Jessica is utterly magnificent . . . the most poetic of all living jazz pianists." - Jeff Simon, The Buffalo News . . .
- "This is easy. Jessica Williams doesn't make bad records." - JazzNow, Lawrence Brazier . . .
- Some of the "high, and inevitable low points" of Jessica Williams' musical career
- Buy here and you get her music, her signature, and a free CD on any first order, and she gets paid for her work! Free S&H, no tax, to anywhere, first-class priority air mail, ships in 7-10 days. Outside of the USA, including Canada, orders must be for at least 3 or more CDs
Email Jessica at email@example.com
This site is dedicated to John Coltrane, Glenn Gould, Elvin Jones, Mary Lou Williams, Dexter Gordon, Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Philly Joe Jones, Tony Williams, and all who have devoted their lives and their souls to Music. "I want to be a force for good. I know there are bad forces here that bring suffering to others and misery to the world, but I want to be the force which is truly good." - John Coltrane